Immigration Appeals and Federal Litigation
Broward County Immigration Attorney
Andrea Montavon-McKillip at the firm is an experienced appellate advocate and accomplished writer. When taking on an appeal case for a client, the attorney at the firm does not take shortcuts, the firm will look into all aspects of your case to ensure that your appeal is handled effectively. Some ways that Peregrine Law, P.A. can help you include:
- Looking into new evidence that may support your case
- Investigating any evidence that may have been overlooked at trial
- Looking into your previous legal procedures and court rulings to make sure they were not applied unfairly
Get started in your immigration appeal case by calling the firm at (888) 905-6166.
Details on the Immigration Appeals Process
Peregrine Law, P.A. represents clients in immigration appeals from erroneous immigration court judgments and agency decisions. Appellate representation includes writing appellate briefs, writs and motions and presenting oral arguments before the appellate courts and agencies. The firm is able to provide you with strong appeals to better your chances in litigation. This area of law is complex and requires the expertise that Peregrine Law, P.A. has. You do not actually need to be present at the appeal litigation, this is different than the removal proceedings.
An appeal involves the following elements:
- Records from any prior proceedings
- The decision from the Immigration judge
- All legal briefs and supporting documents from your lawyer
How Can Peregrine Law, P.A. Help You?
Attorney Montavon-McKillip draws on her experience in appellate practice and immigration law to prepare, brief and argue your case before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), the Administration Appeals Office (AAO), the Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals (BALCA), the Office of the Chief Administrative Hearing Officer (OCAHO) or the federal courts. The process is different in the Federal Court of Appeals, but the arguments remain the same. In order to better your chances of success in your appeal, the firm may make any of the following actions on your behalf:
- Reversal of an agency's interpretation of your case
- Change of an agency's application of immigration statutes in your case
- File a lawsuit compelling an agency to act on a petition that was delayed unreasonably
- Petition a writ of mandamus compelling an agency to perform a duty that is required in your case
If you have already lost your immigration matter, you should hire an experienced appellate practitioner to take your immigration appeal up to the highest court or administrative agency. Put your trust in knowledge and experience by teaming up with Attorney Montavon-McKillip at Peregrine Law, P.A.
Contact the firm today at (888) 905-6166 to get started in your immigration appeal.