Office Directions: 7900 Nova Dr., Suite 205, Davie, FL 33324
Peregrine Law, P.A.
Call Us Today!
Fort Lauderdale Immigration > Practice Areas > Family-Based Immigration

Fort Lauderdale & Davie Family-Based Immigration Attorneys

U.S. citizens and permanent residents may petition for certain family members to receive either a green card, a fiancé(e) visa, or a K-3/K-4 visa in order to lawfully immigrate to and live in the United States. At Peregrine Law, P.A., we help South Florida families through the immigration process, ensuring that relatives seek and obtain residency in the most efficient manner possible. Read on to learn more about family-based immigration. Contact our Fort Lauderdale & Davie family based immigration attorneys today.

Helping a Family Member Become a U.S. Permanent Resident

As a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you may help a relative obtain what is often called a “green card” to become a lawful permanent resident him or herself. To do so, you must sponsor your relative and provide proof that you have enough income or assets to support your relative when he or she comes to the United States. Relatives you may petition for include:

  • Husband or wife
  • Children (there are different classifications for married and unmarried children)
  • Parents (if you are age 21 or older)
  • Brothers or sisters (if you are age 21 or older)

The immigration process starts by filing Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), which establishes the family relationship between you and your relative. With your petition, you must provide evidence to prove your relationship to the person for whom you are filing.

When you file a Form I-130, your relative receives a place in line with others waiting to emigrate from the same country or region based on the same type of relationship. Once your relative reaches the front of the line, he or she may be eligible to immigrate after passing the required background checks and meeting requirements for admission.

Timeframes for Family-Based Immigration

There is no waiting list to immigrate spouses, unmarried children under 21, and parents. The U.S. Department of State will invite them to apply for an immigrant visa as soon as U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approves your I-130 petition. For other relatives, the combination of high demand and the limits set by law on how many people can immigrate to the U.S. each year means your relative may have to wait while petitions filed before theirs are processed. Our family immigration attorneys may be able to help.

Contact Peregrine Law, P.A. for Help with Broward County Family-Based Immigration

If you live in the Fort Lauderdale or Davie area, Peregrine Law, P.A. can provide the guidance you need to help your family members immigrate to the United States. Please contact our office in Davie for more information about family-based immigration.

Share This Page:
Peregrine Law, P.A.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Google Plus
  • tel:
  • toll-free:
  • fax:
7900 Nova Dr., Suite 205,
Davie, FL 33324

Peregrine Law, P.A. is located in Davie, FL and serves clients in and around Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Dania, Pompano Beach, Pembroke Pines, Deerfield Beach, Opa Locka, North Miami Beach, Boca Raton, Hialeah, Miami, Miami Beach, Broward County, Miami-dade County and Palm Beach County.

MileMark Media - Practice Growth Solutions

© 2015 Peregrine Law, P.A. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab